Citizen School Transportation Committee
Please note that this committee has disbanded after fulfilling its commitment to the Town.
This committee's minutes and agendas have been archived, please contact the Town Clerk's Office for any copies of minutes and agendas.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval. View most recent Agendas and Minutes.
- Lisa Bergen, Chair
- Rick Anderson
- Raymond Bruttomesso
- Kate Damon
- Abraham Fisher
- Louise Haldeman, Clerk
- Mark Hanson
Town Meeting, in creating this Committee, expressed an intent “to search diligently for ways to maintain the existing Bus Transportation Department.”
Established by the Concord Special Town Meeting on April 24, 2012.
The Committee will be asked to examine a number of issues, including but not necessarily limited to the following. After a complete review of these issues, the Committee is asked to present its report by July 17, 2012 to the Concord Public Schools Committee and the Concord-Carlisle Regional School Committee, summarizing their findings and providing recommendations.
- Consider safety issues.
- Prepare a detailed analysis comparing costs associated with an in-house bus service with an outsourced one.
- Consider the value of such intangibles as:
- Widespread community trust in present system
- Confidence in local administrators, bus drivers and mechanics who know the Town well and can respond quickly in unusual circumstances.
- Identify potential sites on School-owned property, Town-owned property, or privately owned property within Concord or contiguous towns where the bus transportation activities might be relocated, and estimate the cost.
- Hold at least 1 public hearing to solicit comments from the public and confer with School officials.
- Write a Report with recommendations to the Concord Public Schools Committee and the Concord-Carlisle Regional School Committee.
Membership Requirements & Expectations
Members will be appointed (4 by the Moderator and three by the Concord-Carlisle Regional School Committee) for a term of 3 months to expire on July 31, 2012. The Committee should complete its business by July 31, 2012, subject to extension at the discretion of the appointing authorities.
The Committee shall elect a chair and a committee clerk, who will be responsible for maintaining the record of the committee’s discussions, votes, and actions. All meetings will be conducted in conformance with the Open Meeting Law, including the proper notice and posting of meetings, and all records will be maintained in conformance with the Public Records Law. Public discussion is expected to take place before recommendations are presented to the Concord Public Schools Committee and the Concord-Carlisle Regional School Committee. Requests for staff assistance or operating expenses will be made in compliance with the following regulations: