Historic Preservation Plan
The Town of Concord and Concord Historical Commission are embarking on a year-long planning process to develop a community-wide cross-disciplinary Historic Preservation Plan for the 21st century.
We are so pleased to be working with Heritage Strategies, LLC, a consulting that has developed plans for National Heritage Areas, World Heritage Sites and historic communities across the country. Nearby, they have worked with Freedom's Way National Heritage Area and the Towns of Sudbury, Lenox, Falmouth and others.
Beginning in November 2023 with background research, the project will include four phases. Look forward to community and stakeholder outreach in early 2024, followed by recommendations and a final report in late 2024.
Many thanks to the Concord Community Preservation Committee and the Massachusetts Historical Commission for supporting this project!
Heritage Strategies, LLC, Proposal for the Town of Concord
Reference - Town documents
Reference - Concord Historical Commission documents
- Historical Commission - 1973 Establishing Article
- Historical Commission Charge - 03.22.1982
- Historic Resources Masterplan, 2001
- Narrative Histories of Concord and West Concord by Anne Forbes (PDF)
- Demolition Review Bylaw
- Sustainability Guide for Historic and Older Homes
- West Concord Historic Resource Survey Project Final Report - August 2013 (PDF)
- West Concord Historic Resource Survey Plan - Completed August 2013 (PDF)
- Addendum to the West Concord Historic Resource Survey Listing Priority 2 Properties (PDF)