Hazardous Waste Collection Program

Local Hazardous Waste Drop-off Information

Many materials fall into the category of Hazardous Waste and should not be disposed of with regular household waste. Concord Public Works (CPW) provides drop-off locations for a number different materials. Other materials may be taken to the Minuteman Regional Household Hazardous Waste Facility. There are contact numbers listed at the bottom of this page for additional information.

Paint and Related Products

  • Latex paint in excellent, usable condition only
  • Oil and alkyd paint in any condition
  • Varnishes and finishes in any condition
  • Removers and thinners in any condition


Composting Site on Walden Street, every Saturday in April through October from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.

Motor Oil

Walmart and Napa Auto Parts in Maynard have accepted used motor oil, residents are asked to call first.

Fluorescent Bulbs

  • Straight, round, and u-shaped fluorescent lamps
  • Compact fluorescent bulbs


  •  Concord Municipal Light Plant
  •  Vanderhoof's Hardware
  •  Concord Public Works-133 Keyes Road Office

Special Batteries

  • Ni-Cd and Other Rechargeable Batteries such as cell phone, cordless phone, laptop computer, power tools, electric tooth brush, beeper, and more.
  • Button Batteries - hearing aid, watch, calculator.
  • Specialty Batteries - lithium camera batteries and other specialty batteries.


  • Concord Public Works-133 Keyes Road Office
  • Concord Town House

Batteries To Not recycle

Alkaline batteries (regular batteries such as A, AA, AAA, C, D, 9 vault) are not hazardous and can be disposed of at home with your regular trash.

Automobile Batteries

Automobile batteries should be taken to a local auto mechanic for recycling.

Mercury Containing Devices

  • Household thermostats
  • Mercury fever thermometers (silver)
  • Other intact mercury containing device  

Mercury not contained in a manufactured device should be taken to the Minuteman Regional Household Hazardous Waste Facility.


  • Concord Public Works-133 Keyes Road Office

For More Information

For more information on hazardous waste visit the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) website.