Change of Address

If any of the following apply to you please follow the procedures listed below:

Moved from Concord

  1. If you moved to another community in Mass. after January 1 you still owe excise tax to Concord
  2. If you moved to another state and registered your vehicle there, you must notify the RMV within 30 days of moving and return your Mass. plates to the
  3. Registry then submit to us:
    1. Plate Return Receipt
    2. Copy of New Registration from other state

Vehicle is Garaged in Another Town

  1. If your vehicle is garaged in another town, it is the responsibility of the registered owner to promptly notify the RMV of any address changes.
  2. If you vehicle is listed with the Registry as being garaged in Concord as of January 1, you still owe excise tax to Concord.
By law, you must notify the MA Registry of Motor Vehicles within 30 days of any change of residence, mailing or garaging address.